The blank canvas is not what inspires awe, rather it is the beauty of the colors and the manner in which they have been applied on it.... So, here I am "Passing the Paintbrush" let's see what awe we can inspire together!



Monday, August 9, 2010

Storytelling on the computer?

What a fabulous idea!!!! Everyone can be a hollywood starlet with digital storytelling!

I think this is a great alternative to the typical report. Kids would love to recreate a story from literature through drama and theater, how about interviewing a historical figure with studetns taking on the reporter and historical character roles, doing an interview with a famous American, this ist goes on, kids could create videos to show science lab safety, how to do's of pretty much anything, how about writing and acting in teir own commericals to use those persuasive writing skills... I think this is awesome.  I also could see how a teacher could record the how to's of many classroom procedures, I for instance could always have videos on using the drying rack, how to wash your hands and clean up your space, I could even use this to guide students through an art activity in the event of my absence from school.  The ideas are amazing and they are endless. It is amazing how many things there out tere for educators to use to make learning more interesting and build the amount of computer skills even our elementary school kids are using and have upon entering into middle school.  I am excited about how it is I can find to use these things in my room and finding and making the time to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment