The blank canvas is not what inspires awe, rather it is the beauty of the colors and the manner in which they have been applied on it.... So, here I am "Passing the Paintbrush" let's see what awe we can inspire together!



Sunday, August 8, 2010

One Fish, two fish, Docs and Readers...

I have been on this computer forever or so it feels, my fault for getting behind... I do not intend to miss the deadline and lose all those hours I have already spent, so here is yet another reponse today.

I think that docs could be used much as I mentioned in my slide addition, I think this could be added to a computer center activity... perhaps each student in a class researches a different artist or perhaps the same one... each adds a fact and an image somehow linking to this artist and/ or facts... this would create a power point that could be used collectively to reteach the information they themselves researched. you could even have them to record a podcast stating their fact to play with the power point!  I will be using docs again this year for a few things, I used it at the end of the year for the special area phone tree and look to use this again for phone tree changes, snack sign ups and such... I think this is great... Ky mand I even thought we could use it to create or curriculum for the year, we are all planned through Decemeber!!!!  I am so excited, we are trying something new this year, we are both crossing fingers and toes that it will work for us.

My reader, I am particularly interested in a blog by another art teacher Mr.E!  Pure coincidence by the way that I am Mrs. E! He sent pictures and an explaination of his NoNoBoard, I had to respond to this... I loved the idea nad felt that it was a fabulous way of reinforcing the NoNo's of an artroom and what should and should not be seen in a quality drawing. He got some comments on the negative way this board could be interpreted and yet somehow other tecahers have rallied around him to show support, it only takes one, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment