The blank canvas is not what inspires awe, rather it is the beauty of the colors and the manner in which they have been applied on it.... So, here I am "Passing the Paintbrush" let's see what awe we can inspire together!



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reader Feeder!!!!



I can't stop.... ever feel like you have eaten way too much of grandma's delicious turkey and gravy?  Ever feel like one more bite of cranberry sauce would cause your body to erupt and cover the room due to being over the "F" line (this is a reference to a full gas tank of gas for all those would needed the clarification).
                           Side note: As a kid my best friend and I always played a game of "places." This was us riding our bikes around in our cul-de-sac and pretending we were in cars, each driveway was a place, a gas station, the mall, the movies, etc... we always refered to a full tank as having "F" gas! Gotta love the imagination and creativity.... do kids do this anymore?

Back on track, I am about to hit the "F" on my tank... I can't stop! Addicted!!!! I am struggling to keep my fingers from clicking and my mind is about to explode... I saw a cartoon about this before!

I have been so overwhelmed and yet so delighted already! I found some fantastic things to add to my collection of loved resources. I have found the woman I hope to be as my life begins to roll... Patty Palmer.... she is an amazing lady from everything I have read and seen about her and her life.  I revere someone who takes there passion and always find time for it. I find this difficult as I am the mother of a 2 year old...Patty is what I aspire to do.... A mother first, an amazing art teacher who shares her passion and desire for all children to have art in their lives at not one school but two, she takes the time to photograph and post her lessons which are easy to read and understand through pictures, adaptable to various ages, and mostly have beautiful color. I just kept reading, her delievery and her passion got me all excited again, art teachers can save the world, Patty is already trying! 

 I seen she also has a second blog, it is about capturing joy and her love for writing.... I was so inspired to see she still takes time to create her own work and beuatiful work at that.  I was so pleased to see this is a reality for some and it fueled my tank and got me excited about what is to come for me.  Basement is underway and good news today says might be finished sooner than expected! I will have a work space of my own again and I can do in it and with it whatever is inspiring to me! Please, check it out!  I was taken back by this beautiful picture that she took of her space with her books... she got bored and so instead of lining them up by size or height or author, Paty decided to organize them by color, thisi s the most breath taking bookcase i have ever seen. It makes me want to create this same boocase in my house! That is a place where insipiration can flourish!

Another fabulous space....Mrs. Rachel I quickly became a fan!  It helped that she has visited an exhibit that I was trying to plan my entire family vacation around! I feel instantly in love with CHihuly again through her images.  As I read I continued to find works of art on her blog that were fabulous, as she too is an art teacher! I have already logged on to follow her and she has me in return... I am already making friends!!! So exciting! 

Another website I found... I am living out my travel dreams and seeing the best of the art that NYC has to offer right her in my office... while I would love to be there myself, this gal is bringing it right to...Art ravels is an everyday gal who discusses and brings her opinions to the the sites she sees...

I also found myself wanting to comment on many of the blogs on Teaching Now, many articles that discussed education and things that are happening in education right now... as well as a fabulous article on a teacher who is teaching drawing, and the art of slowing down in a fast paced world, taking the time to see the details. And lets get started on this fantastic blog about free technology for teachers! Here you can find the most popular tech things from May...How about the latest on this new "facebook" like website for kids 10 and under.... Togetherville...

I am not certain that I could become a homebody quickly with all of these things at my fingertips! I am getting ready to get baths and get to researching more! Skyler is behind schedule now because  I am on the computer!  By the way, must show you the work he has creted the last two days while I have been blogging!


Notice he likes to be seen in photos and especially is proud of his artwork!
  He loves a good photo of himself!

2 comments:

  1. You make me EXCITED Shelly!! Thanks for pointing me to Patty's blog - very cool and how much do I LOVE her bookshelves by color - thinking I might have to do that here at home (no, not at school - can you see the confused faces - LOL!) And what can I say about that CUTE 2 year old......
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, your enthusiasm really IS contagious. I've got to visit more blogs but yours keeps me coming back for more!

    I, too, LOVE the bookcase. It reminds me of Charmin Charlies at The Forum with everything grouped by color. My goal will be to do that in my closet AND a bookcase!

    Can't wait until I get back from vacation so I can check out all of your sites!

    ... and Skyler has obviously inherited his creative spirit from his mom!!

    ReplyDelete