The blank canvas is not what inspires awe, rather it is the beauty of the colors and the manner in which they have been applied on it.... So, here I am "Passing the Paintbrush" let's see what awe we can inspire together!



Friday, June 18, 2010

High Museum Educators Week

I attended a training this week at the High Museum. I was so excited because it is based on the Picturing America series and our school was one of the lucky ones to have been granted this package of beautiful American art prints. I was so excited to be reintroduced to the short history of our country and the relationship between this and the various things we learn in social studies, science, and in language arts. Also, how history is told through song, story, and art! I am very excited about a new opportunity for schools that is being offered by the High and about the awesome ideas that were coming to mind during this last week. I am so excited... I even pulled out my scrap crayons from this school year from my tub and Skyler and I have began to create BIGGER better crayons with them to get us excited about an art project later today! I'll post some pictures from it for you to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment