The blank canvas is not what inspires awe, rather it is the beauty of the colors and the manner in which they have been applied on it.... So, here I am "Passing the Paintbrush" let's see what awe we can inspire together!



Sunday, August 8, 2010

Podcasting a smile!

So, after much searching I found a few podcasts that seemed of particular interest and use to me, this made me smile!... I found a fabulous podcast from Art21 that I am excited about using or the potential of using. I also found several from great sources, sources I feel I can trust and not be worried about the content or the validity of it... One from The Met, from MoMA, and from the National Gallery of Art...



I found a fabulous one about Norman Rockwell and his work... the best part is that the bulk of the talking is Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, two collectors of his work and adults that grew up looking at his work. Both discuss how Rockwell was a story teller and was very much like a movie director in that he cast, rehearsed, posed, and prepared his drawings and paintings in much the same manner as a film producer or director might... I was so excited to see this, it was a little deep for younger grades but fifth graders could really get this one! 

I think that podcasts could be great sources of information and fabulous for teachers to use, I do however, feel that there are few I would think to use at elementary level in the art room. I am also not sure how often I would record my own, but I could see many uses of this in the general classroom.

What a great adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment