The blank canvas is not what inspires awe, rather it is the beauty of the colors and the manner in which they have been applied on it.... So, here I am "Passing the Paintbrush" let's see what awe we can inspire together!



Friday, August 13, 2010

First week in a flash!

So, it does appear that the first week of school has been a success. I will admit it didn't go off without hiccups along the way, but that is bound to happen! I am glad to see Friday and the beloved weekend! Some time to unwind and rest before we take on another week! We jumped right in this week working on the first stages of Pinwheels for Peace! This is exciting because we are going to be involved in an international activity that revolves around peace! We also jumped in to sketching, drawing, marbleizing, printmaking, creating the first steps of making stained glass windows, and I have had some of the best participation from students that I have ever had about looking at works of art! I have been so excited about it that we have actually had too little time in class to really start getting work under our belt, best of all the kids aren't moaning about having to talk about the art!!! They really are sharing the things they see and feel about the work, in fact the fourth grade has done a fabulous job of dissecting Japanese prints layer by layer!  I am excited to be back although I am already tired, as I am sure the kids are too! Have a great first weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment